Sunday, March 01, 2009

Celcom Broadband to Increase Monthly Bandwidth Limit to 10GB

This is a good news if you are a Celcom Broadband user like me. There has been rumors that the Celcom Broadband Department has plans to increase their 5GB monthly bandwidth limit to 10GB.

A little bird told me about this last week and doing some Google search has confirmed this. Below is a video from Theedgedaily, hosted on YouTube. The video talks about increasing broadband bandwidth and speed to 10GB, however I think what the reporter meant was the monthly bandwidth limit.


Although I could have got more details on this since I was suppose to be at this press conference(video above), but due to some "technical glitch", I did not receive the invite.

I am still trying to get more details from the Celcom Broadband Department. Watch out for this space !!

P.s: Thanks DiGi for being the first to offer the 10GB limit(now 50GB), it appears that you still have influence on the market after being quiet for such a long time.


Update 1: I have received confirmation from Celcom that the 10GB monthly bandwidth limit will be offered as a secondary add-on package on the existing package. It means that when you hit the 5GB limit within the month, you will be offered a secondary 10GB monthly bandwidth package at an additional price.

This however, is not finalised until Celcom makes the official announcement.

16 comments:

FUNG Sai Hou said...

Wow~! Celcom offers to upgrade to 10GB Quota? Good to hear that. But 5GB and 10GB is nothing, if Celcom really wants to maintain their broadband customers, they should make it at least 15GB - 20GB Quota. And the speed also need to upgrade to higher speed.

scamboy said...

agree on the 15-20Gb quota...

Anonymous said...

better than nothing.... I hope it will be cheap.

Anonymous said...

Celcom ... cheap ?
u must be joking.

Anonymous said...

It seem the the broadband package between telco have start(ing)

PaulLMF said...

3 points.

- 10GB is fairly pathetic for anyone who uses broadband for doing broadband-required activities online, you know, like watching video, uploading and sharing video and rich content.

- Its a scam, because it limits what 3rd party businesses can be built around the nation's broadband infra, which is the OPPOSITE of development.Unless you're an isp in which case you can waive your own restrictions when it applies to own content! Thus killing off everyone else.

Don't think it happens? Look at the Moble Content Industry now.

- what is Maxis's limit?

CZQ said...

it seems that the competition in broadband between telco is starting...

FUNG Sai Hou said...

If Celcom can offer a package of 20GB quota per month, with a reasonable price, I think Celcom will get more customers because Celcom has the WIDEST HSDPA coverage nationwide. But I don't think they will do. They only know how much I can earn from the customers.

Anonymous said...

Celcom's service is BAD. Slow is understating it. Page keeps stalling, downloads keep pausing, most sites will not load until after a few refreshes, and this is on 3G. I have to force the modem to GPRS to get a persistent connection. Their CSR, when called up, sounds like one is being critical of his wife. One even went as far as questioning the customer's contribution to society when complained to! They are also forever giving excuses of updates with seemingly indefinite deadlines. I spent RM98 for nothing. Cancelled the package before 30 days, and a bill later comes asking me to pay RM 145...with this kind of service, you can give 100GB and it sill still mean nothing to me.

MUKTAMAD. TERPANTAS DI WILAYAH CELCOM. MY FOOT!

Anonymous said...

Maxis limit is only 3gb before they throttled you and when you do call their CS, you will be given a runaround and one guy I spoke to rudely told me it is my 'settings' issue. Miraculously though, it always resets it self at my next billing cycle. I guess it is the same across all telco's CS, they treat customers like dirt and thinks that we owe them a living.

CZQ said...

i agree to "FUNG Sai Hou"...all celcom3G user can now try using Celcom GPRS...and try DiGi GPRS...then compare it...

the celcom GPRS NOT stable and SLOW speed...

WHAT IS THIS!!!
MUKTAMAD. TERPANTAS DI WILAYAH CELCOM

Anonymous said...

maybe it depends on location..

as i live in Ampang, i dont have any problem with both GPRS and UMTS services. both stable.. but agree on upgrading bandwidth limit quota. if DiGi can offer 50GB/month, can celcom at least offer 20GB/month??

Anonymous said...

it depends on location 2...not all location got prob...normally industrial areas n area dat near 2 highway hav no problem at all n da speed is superb!!!...most of da prob are from residential areas only...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with you Celcom service is the worst! I spend RM98 for nothing! most I can get is 200kbps in average sometimes 2kbps... yes HDPA but 1.2mbps only for a few seconds... then I downgrade to RM68 package and now totally cannot use... Error619 it says... called the customer care... it's useless... the celcom customer care has the worst service... they treat customer like dirt...their investigation took half a year to settle a problem and with us chasing them... If we didn't rush them I think they will take forever to solve your problem... they say they are upgrading... but why my friends and everyone can use but not me... they said they would make a report for me to make an investigation... they said from24hours to 3 days but already 1 week I cannot use and they still keep charging even if I cannot use at all...

CZQ said...

pls try use DiGi GPRS/maxis GPRS...and compare it!!!

seluangmelaut said...

have tried maxis, from registration at agent, the network, equipment until disconnection of service ... all they interested is on our money. on registration at agent, they cheat me by giving me the old package, and worst is when they supply me with faulty modem ... cannot work the first day i take it home ... seems like they chat me when they test the equipment ... i called enter and they advice to go back to the agent and gt replacement since i never used it ... not successful the first time ... when to the agent again and they refused and ask me to go to maxis center ... finally got replacemet for faulty modem ,,, the process costs me my time and $$$ just to settle the problem i just bought???? ... the service at home was veryveryvery bad and called the cnter to terminate ... they chacked and since the usage is very minimal .. they willing to waive the penalty rm200 and ask to go to center and return the equipment ... went to the center (time and money spent again) ... the center is very nice setup ... corporate ... filled up forms and mentioned about the promised made by call center to Waive the rm200 discon. fees. the exec just made a handwritten note on the form and promised that will be waived from final bill.
received bill ,,, the rm200 discon. fee still there ... this is more like a scam to get money from my pocket .. organized one. bravooo maxiss