Monday, January 11, 2010

P1 WiMAX Netbook

This is very interesting because P1 and Green Packet is working on a WiMAX netbook that should be available within next 1-2months.

I did not investigate on this further but I am making a wild guess that it might be the Acer Aspire One WiMAX Netbook or one of the Asus netbook.

Personally I am waiting for a WiMAX mobile device(as small as a mobile phone) to replace my secondary mobile phone, but then the current P1's WiMAX coverage can't offer me mobility, for now.

P.s: Check out the Green Packet website, they are hiding something.

2 comments:

Diesel Electric said...

Will it be interoperable with other WiMAX providers e.g. AMAX? COrrect me if I'm wrong, but if I am not mistaken P1 and AMAX each use slightly different WiMAX protocols/versions...

Beautiful Tonight said...

even different frequency as well... Malaysia WiMax licensing is not FDM but each WiMax operator is allocated a slide of frequency on 2.3/2.4GHz band..

so that'w why i won't pay for P1 service as they want me to pay for the modem.. It will be useless if not for P1 service. Not like the WCDMA/HSPA modem.. which can be used by any 2.1GHz WCDMA operator..